According to a new survey, chips and other salty snacks are the hardest thing to stop eating once you've started. 35% of us have issues with it. Sugary snacks and chocolate are next, followed by crackers and cheese.
The old slogan for Pringles potato chips was, "Once you pop, you can't stop." And apparently it wasn't just marketing nonsense. It's scientifically accurate . . .
More than 2,700 people recently took a survey to find out the hardest foods to stop eating once you've started. And salty stuff like potato chips took the top spot. Here are the top five . . .
1. Chips, pretzels, and other salty snacks. 35% of people said they have a hard time stopping once they've started. (Here's an old Pringles ad from the '90s.)
2. Candy, not including chocolate, 18%. So stuff like Skittles and Starburst.
3. Chocolate, 12%. That includes candy bars, like Snickers and Butterfingers.
4. Crackers and other bread-based snacks, 11%. So things like Cheez-Its.
5. Cheese, 10%. String cheese might be one of the main culprits there. (Here's a scene from "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia" after Charlie eats too much cheese before a date.)
Originally posted on July 27th, 2017