HIGHLIGHTS: Here are some stressful situations your grandparents never had to deal with: Taking a fake sick day, then getting tagged in a photo. Not proofreading a text, then realizing Autocorrect changed a word to something inappropriate. And gossiping about someone in a group text, then finding out they're ON the group text.
FULL STORY: Is life really more stressful than it used to be? Sure, older generations had to deal with things like global wars and polio. But here are six stressful situations they NEVER had to think about. "Stressful" might be an overstatement . . .
1. You 'like' a really old post on Facebook or Instagram. Then you realize it looks like you were STALKING the person online. There's a term for it now called a "deep like."
2. You take a sick day to hang out with friends . . . then someone TAGS you in a photo, so your boss knows you lied. You can avoid that one most of the time by changing your settings, so you have to approve other people's tags first.
3. You want to update your LinkedIn profile, so you can apply for a new job. But you're worried your current boss will see it and know you're planning to quit.
4. You don't proofread a text. Then you realize Autocorrect changed a word to something dumb or inappropriate. That never happened when we just wrote letters.
5. You gossip about someone in a group text, then realize they're ON the group text. Older generations just had to make sure the person wasn't within earshot.
6. You find out the person you're dating is still active on dating apps like Tinder. Meaning you SHOULD be exclusive, but they haven't deleted their account yet. So you have to have an awkward conversation about it. Yeah, life's tough.
Originally posted on August 13th, 2018